Donate to the Collection
The Park City Museum collects and preserves objects, photographs and archival materials that relate to Park City and western Summit County history. We are happy to consider items that will strengthen our collections and advance our mission. However, items that we accept must meet certain criteria as outlined in our collections policy and we must, out of necessity, be selective with any new material we accept for our collections.
Our mission is to preserve, protect, and promote Park City's history and heritage.
Criteria for acceptance into the collections:
- Be associated with Park City and western Summit County dating from the earliest historic material to the present with greater emphasis on the period from 1868, the beginning of Park City’s development, to the present;
- Have historical significance by virtue of documented relationship to the recognized history of the region most likely having been created, manufactured, owned, or used by a Parkite;
- Have a direct connection with people sites, activities or events in the history of Park City;
- Provide information or understanding of former life ways, personalities or events which are part of Park City history.
The Park City Museum evaluates potential donations based on the following guidelines:
- Is the object useful to the mission and collecting priorities of the Museum?
- Does the object have aesthetic merit, possess potential for research and scholarship or have other historical or cultural significance?
- Is the object useful for exhibition purposes?
- Can the object be properly conserved, stored, protected and preserved within the resources of the Museum?
- What impact would the object have on available storage space?
- Does the object have free and clear title?
- Can the authenticity and provenance of the object be proven/documented?
- Does the donor hold copyright for the object that can be transferred to the Museum?