The primary business of the Dexter Livery Stables (built 1874), was renting ore wagons and horses to the local mine companies. Dexter was a famous trotter racehorse from upstate New York and, at the time, the rage of the horse world. Robert and Burton Kimball purchased the Dexter Livery in 1886 as the anchor of their Kimball Brothers Pioneer Stage, and livery stables.
When the livery business became obsolete with the advent of automobiles, the brothers replaced the livery stables in 1929 with the new Kimball’s Garage. Automotive repair service was provided on the main floor and, in the basement, automobile storage during the winter since most residents stored their cars rather than drive on snow clogged roads. The building was considered state of the art, constructed from brick and concrete with steel girders to hold the root. It was proclaimed fireproof, a novel idea for Park City.
Products will ship First-Class™ through USPS in approximately five business days.
Local pickup is available. Please choose this option at checkout and your order will be available for pick-up the next business day. Click here to view our hours.
For questions, please call the Museum store at 435-216-9693.