The Park City Museum has a number of school programs to fit the needs of a variety of ages and subjects. School programs at the Museum seek to inspire curiosity and provide an understanding of Park City’s history. This first class Museum is a welcoming and engaging environment where students may see the lessons of history and how we can connect to our local and state history.
School programs are FREE for all public, private, charter and homeschool students. Reservations are required and should be made at least three weeks in advance. We require at least one adult per 10 students. School programs are scheduled for Spring (April, May, June) and Fall (Sept, Oct, Nov).
Thank you to Summit County RAP Tax and Park City Community Foundation for sponsoring our free school programs:
See program descriptions following the photograph. All programs may be adapted to different grade levels and individual class needs.
School Programs at the Museum
- Home School Groups: We can adapt any of our programs to meet the curriculum of your group. Reserve a time to bring your group to the Museum.
- Pre-K/K Program: Through storytime and hands on exploration of historic objects, young learners gain an appreciation for the past.
- Elementary Grade Field Trip: Students explore the Park City Museum and Park City’s history through close observation of historic objects.
Utah History and Park City (Grades 4 & 7): Park City’s history is part of the larger story of our state history. Students learn about Utah state history through historic objects and themes found in the Park City Museum.
- Science & Technology in Park City History (Grade 8): Explore the science and technology behind our history–from mining to skiing. Students observe technology in early Park City mines and ski industry. Students also explore the properties and characteristics of rocks and minerals.
- Tozer Gallery Programs: The Tozer Gallery hosts changing exhibits throughout the year that explore a variety of topics. The Museum offers lesson plans and programs focused on these special exhibit topics
The Park City Museum is excited to begin Outreach programs in the schools. If you are interested in bringing the Museum to your classroom please contact Jenette Purdy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-649-7457 to discuss how we can assist you in the classroom!