Visit the Park City Museum
We hope you’ll take your time and explore our many exhibitions at your own pace during your self-guided visit. Depending upon your interest, your visit could easily last an hour or more. First stop is our passenger train car. “Climb Aboard” and watch the video featuring Park City’s beginning.
Admission & Hours
Closed: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and usually for the Sundance Film Festival.
Research Library Hours
Directions & Parking
City buses are free and the Park City Museum is just across the street from the Public Transit Center.
Follow signs to Historic Main Street.
Paid parking is available on Main Street. Parking on Swede Alley is free with a four-hour limit until 5pm. Free parking is available in the China Bridge Parking Garage until 5pm; your first hour in China Bridge after 5pm is also free.
Touring the Museum
Are you bringing a group to the Park City Museum and would like a Guided Tour? Group tours are available with a one month advance reservation. The guided tour lasts approximately one hour and cost $17 per person with a $100 minimum. For more information and to make reservations, call 435-649-7457 x102 or email email@example.com.
What to Expect
- Your admission is good all day. You may come and go as you please.
- Remember to wear comfortable shoes, so you can take your time exploring the exhibits.
- Bring your sweater or coat. We keep our galleries cold, especially the Jail, to preserve our antiques and artifacts.
- Don’t forget your camera, but please leave your selfie stick, tripod or video camera at home.
- Leave your drinks and any food at our front desk.
- Children younger than 18 are welcome with an accompanying adult.
- Ask for the “Park City History Detectives” activity, which guides kids through the exhibits and provides the whole family with a way to dig deeper into Park City’s past. Inquire at the front desk.
The Park City Museum is ADA accessible. The elevator accesses all three levels of the Museum and is located at the rear of the main gallery by the large windows. There is a lot to see in the Museum so feel free to relax on our gallery chairs and stools. A wheel chair is available on a first-come first-serve basis. Please note that staff are not permitted to push wheel chairs.
Public restrooms are available at various locations on Main Street. Please enquire at the Front Desk.