Park City Museum—Director of Education Job Announcement
The Park City Museum seeks an experienced, innovative, and energetic individual to direct the Education Department at the Park City Museum.
- Develop, schedule, and supervise all formal School and Youth Programs for pre-K to High School students, community camps, and afterschool groups. This includes the development, management, and implementation of formal on-site school and youth programs, outreach programs, maintenance and development of traveling trunk program, creation of teacher resources, and coordinate resources for traveling exhibits.
- Organize and implement Public Programming lectures and events to correspond with permanent and traveling exhibits.
- Train, supervise, and schedule docents and interns who directly assist with all Education Programs.
- Develop and strengthen community partnerships.
- Market Museum programs through producing flyers, emails, and social media correspondence, including updating the website.
- Assist Executive Director with grants, Museum special events, and administrative tasks as needed.
- Collaborate with all Museum staff as needed in helping at the front desk, at special events, and with all Museum functions, both on site and in the community.
- Assist in the development of new and innovative programs and interactive exhibit elements.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Master’s Degree in Education, History, Museum Studies or related field;
3-5 years working in a museum education setting in a supervisory role;
Experience working with a wide range of museum audiences, including adults, students (pre-K through High School), and volunteers;
Expertise in developing curriculum and museum school programs, organizing public programming events, and giving tours;
Strong writing skills and standard office computer skills are required;
Exceptional organizational and communication skills;
Experience and understanding of museum management and procedures;
Knowledge of PastPerfect software and Adobe Creative Suite preferred;
Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as a team;
Self-starter with an eye for current museum trends and a mind for innovative new ideas.
Schedule and Salary: Full time position and will include some work on weekends, evenings, holidays, and Museum special events. The Director of Education is also responsible for closing the museum one night per week and working approximately one Saturday per month. Salary—Commensurate with experience.
Application deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Please send a letter of interest and resume to:
Jenette Purdy, Director of Education
email@example.com (with “DIRECTOR OF EDUCATION” in the subject)
Park City Museum
PO Box 555
Park City, UT 84060