The Park City Museum has a summer opening for a Cataloging Intern. The successful candidate will assist the Museum with a large backlog of cataloging projects (including objects, photographs and archives). The intern will become well versed in cataloguing, condition reporting, object labeling, preservation and re-housing of the Museum’s collection.
Internship duties include:
• Assign and apply object ID numbers
• Create database records and enter information into PastPerfect
• Photograph or scan items and add images to PastPerfect
• Complete condition reports
• Re-house objects using appropriate materials
Additional duties may include assisting the front desk staff, operating a cash register, answering visitors’ questions, researching and writing two articles for the local paper, helping install an exhibit and other tasks as needed.
• Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s preferred) in History, Museum Studies, Public History or related field.
• Knowledge and experience with correct artifact handling techniques.
• Experience with database software (PastPerfect a plus); standard office computer skills are required.
• Self-motivated with strong organizational, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent written communication skills and legible handwriting.
• Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently.
• Ability to climb ladders and lift up to 40 lbs.
• Knowledge and understanding of museum management and procedures.
• Experience with cataloging a plus.
This is a summer internship with a preferred start date of June 4, 2018 (negotiable.) The internship will be 35 hours per week for 10 weeks at $9.00/hour. Typical work week will be Monday – Friday; intern will be required to stay until closing at 7:00 pm one night per week, and work one Saturday a month.
Please send a letter of interest and resume by Monday, April 2, 2018 to: Ms. Courtney Titus, Curator of Collections and Exhibits, firstname.lastname@example.org (with “INTERNSHIP” in the subject).
Part-Time Education Docents
Park City Museum is looking to hire part-time Education docents to help with school field trips and after school groups. New hires will be trained in all aspects of the school programs. Requirements: Must enjoy working with children of all ages and should have a background in teaching or working with children. These positions are on an as needed basis typically during the school year averaging 3-6 hours per week, but may extend to summer for camp groups. The hourly pay will be $15. If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to: Diane Knispel, Director of Education, Park City Museum, P.O. Box 555, Park City, Utah 84060 or email@example.com.