The Glenwood Cemetery is a sacred historic burial place for many miners and early residents who were instrumental in the founding of Park City. In 1885, an association of Park City’s fraternal organizations found this tranquil spot for their members. A stream ran year-round through a small aspen grove. They purchased three acres for $100 from the Thiriot family who then donated two more acres.
The Glenwood was designed and is maintained as a Victorian cemetery, a peaceful refuge where wildflowers bloom abundantly in the spring and summer. The lovely old headstones tell the story of our community, a melting pot of immigrants. Several multigenerational families lie here together, while others lie here alone, far from their homes.
The elegant entry gate was installed in 1982 and dedicated to life-long Park City resident Blanche Fletcher who is buried here. The Glenwood is owned by the Park City Historical Society and was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981.
Shipping and Handling
Products will ship USPS Priority Mail (or First Class if similar time frame) within three business days. USPS estimates Priority Mail to arrive within two-three business days though this is not guaranteed.
Local pickup is available. Please choose this option at checkout and your order will be available for pick-up the next business day. Click here to view our hours.
For questions, please call the Museum at 435-649-7457.